At Beyond Law we practice exclusively in the area of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be extremely traumatic, both for you and your loved ones. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident where another person was at fault, you are entitled to bring a lawsuit to seek compensation for your injuries and losses. We have experience litigating claims arising from car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bus accidents, and cycling accidents involving motor vehicles.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident you are entitled to receive statutory accident benefits from an insurance company. Dealing with the insurance company to obtain these benefits can be overwhelming, and in many cases benefits are denied. It is therefore essential that you have proper representation to protect your interests and ensure you are receiving the treatment, care, and benefits you should.
We have experience litigating both catastrophic and non-catastrophic claims and have taken cases to arbitration where necessary.
Navigating your lawsuit and accident benefits claim effectively is critical to fair compensation, and we are here to guide you through the process.
It is critical to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident to preserve evidence, assist you in applying for benefits, access treatment and care, and claim your lost wages.
You routinely place your trust in doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to provide healthcare to you and your loved ones. Unfortunately, you do not always receive proper and competent care and, when this happens, you may be afraid to speak up and be left with more questions than answers. Let us get to the bottom of it for you.
We are able to assist you with the following types of medical malpractice claims:
- Birth trauma
- Surgical errors
- Cosmetic plastic surgery errors including breast augmentations, injections, and other cosmetic procedures
- Missed or delayed diagnosis
- Improper monitoring
- Hospital and nursing errors
- Lack of informed consent
- Prescription drug errors
- Wrongful death
If you or a family member has suffered serious injury or death as a result of negligent medical care, please give us a call to arrange for a consultation.
Class Actions and Mass Torts
Sometimes the harmful conduct of a company or an individual has a widespread impact on many people. On these occasions, it may be appropriate to pursue one claim on behalf of many affected people (a class action) or individual claims on behalf of each affected person (a mass tort). Beyond Law is currently involved in the following class action and mass tort lawsuits:
- Dr. Martin Jugenburg (“Dr. 6ix”) – In November 2019 Beyond Law commenced a class action lawsuit against Toronto plastic surgeon Dr. Martin Jugenburg (also known as “Dr. 6ix”) alongside Waddell Phillips and Howie, Sacks & Henry LLP. The lawsuit alleges that Dr. Jugenburg is liable for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of confidence, breach of trust, intrusion upon seclusion and invasion of privacy, among other liabilities for secretly recording his patients in his examination rooms and for posting photos and videos of his patients online without consent. For further information on our class action lawsuit against Dr. Martin Jugenburg please visit our dedicated page here.
- Allergan Breast Implants – Beyond Law currently represents several women in lawsuits against Allergan, a pharmaceutical company and breast implant manufacturer, in connection with Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). Beyond Law has partnered with Howie, Sacks & Henry LLP to advance claims against Allergan as a mass tort (multiple individual claims proceeding together) on behalf of affected women and their families. For more information, please visit our Allergan Breast Implant Lawsuit in Canada page here.
Injuries to Children
When you place your child in the care of a school, daycare, camp, or other childcare provider you expect that your child will be kept safe, happy, and healthy. Sadly, this is not always the case. We hope you never have to experience the unthinkable, but if it happens we are here to help.
If you have concerns about an injury or death suffered by your child while at a school, daycare, camp, or other childcare facility, please give us a call. We would be honoured to assist you with the following types of claims:
- School negligence
- Daycare negligence
- Summer camp negligence
- Recreational and sports injuries including: ski accidents; trampoline accidents; and mountain biking accidents
- Bullying and cyberbullying
Long-Term Care Homes
Long-term care home residents are among the most vulnerable segments of the population. They rely on the long-term care home and its staff for their safety, well-being, and physical and mental health. When your family member is placed in a long-term care home you expect they will be treated with dignity and competently cared for. This does not always happen. If your family member was injured or died as a result of the care received at a long-term care facility, please get in touch to discuss a potential claim.
Life & Disability Insurance
When you or your loved one purchases an insurance policy and pays the premiums, you expect the policy will protect you in your time of need. However, insurance companies often deny claims. If you believe your insurance company has improperly denied or terminated your benefits we are here to help you. We will take the appropriate steps to have the insurance company reconsider its decision, and in the event it does not, we will bring a lawsuit on your behalf.
We have experience litigating claims arising from the following:
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
You hire lawyers, insurance brokers, and other professionals for their special expertise. It goes without saying, then, that you reasonably rely on their expertise. Sometimes the person you hired fails to give you proper information and advice, and this can have disastrous consequences. If you believe your professional failed to provide adequate information and advice, please call us to discuss your potential claim. These may include:
- Insurance brokers’ negligence
- Lawyers’ negligence
- Other professionals’ negligence
You engage with products every day, whether it’s in your personal or professional lives. You should be able to trust that the companies behind these products make them properly, safely, and in accordance with the appropriate laws and standards. Unfortunately, this does not always happen. If you or your loved one has been injured as a result of a defective product, please get in touch to discuss your potential claim.
Property owners and occupiers are required by law to take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of people who enter their property. If they fail to meet this obligation, and that failure results in injury or death, you may be entitled to compensation. The negligent parties can include the property owner, tenant, property manager, or contractors doing maintenance or repair work to the property. We have experience litigating a wide variety of personal injury claims arising from slip-and-fall incidents and trip-and-fall incidents including:
- Icy or damaged sidewalks
- Icy or damaged driveways
- Icy or damaged parking lots
- Icy or damaged stairs
- Slippery floors or stairs
Please note that your claim may be subject to certain written notice requirements and so it is imperative that you contact us right away to discuss your potential claim.